Friday, August 19, 2011

Thinking of You

My sweet little girl,
It’s been a while since I’ve written you and while I have some time at work I figured I should.  Today is another one of the milesotne that we always talk about.  Today is the 4th month since your "Heaven Day" and I miss you so much.  As I say every month, Its hard to believe that you've been in Heaven for so long.   It really does not get any easier as time passes by, no matter what people like to say.  The 19th of every month will from now on always be a sad day for me. 
Don’t worry baby girl, it’s not your fault that Daddy is sad.  Daddy just misses you and wishes that you were here.
As you know we made in impromptu visit to your Grandparents house last week.  I think they were a little surprised when your Mommy and I arrived at their door.  I know Grandma and Grandpa Mendez were happy to see us. They couldn’t stop smiling.  Thank you for helping Grandma through with her knee surgery.  She was really scared and I know that she drew a lot of strength from you.  Thanks Munchers!
While I was in their living room I kept looking at the spot on the carpet that you were at in my dream.  I don’t know why, maybe I was hoping that it would come true.  Maybe I was hoping to turn around and look and see you laying there just like in the dream.  Maybe.   I told them about my dream and they were really happy that I was able to have such a precious moment with you.  I wish I could have another.
I wish you were still here.  I just miss you so much.  Your Mommy misses you too.  She has her up days and her down days just like Daddy.  I know her down days really hit her hard and there isn’t much Daddy can do.  Days like that I wish I could go up to Heaven and bring you back so Mommy can hold you.  I wish. 
You’re always on my mind Munchers.  But that is a good thing; Daddy always wants you on his mind.  I want to always remember my little girl.  I hope that I never get to the day that I don’t think about you. 
I’m sorry but I seem to be rambling today.  There just seem to be so many thought in my head, so I will leave it at that.  I miss you lots Z.  Daddy loves you with all of his heart!!

Always and forever,
Your loving Daddy

BTW:  Have you met Ziggy yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment