Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Heart to Heart/Books

My dearest Munchers,
Do you remember your Tia Christina?  I know you do, she was the one that showered you with all kinds of gifts and love.  On Friday I had a very good conversation with your Tia Christina.  We talked about how each of us were doing and plenty about you.  We discussed how much we love you and how much we miss you.  It was a very refreshing conversation because she seems to be the only one that “gets it”.  She wasn’t trying to fix me or tell me how to grieve or make it all about her.  We just talked.  We talked about you, talked about our grandpa who is with you in heaven, and talked our family. 
In my conversation with your Tia I realized just how much she loves you.  I know that she loved you but it really became apparent to me just how much she does.  She was going to be one of your biggest advocates and she still is.  Her work spreading OI awareness is phenomenal.  She talked about how amazing you are.  She continues to give and help out your mommy with “From Z With Love”.  She continues to cry and pray for you and your mommy and daddy.  Your Tia is an amazing person and I know the both of you would have had an amazing relationship and it saddens me that you both will not be able to experience it here on Earth. 
Yesterday I came across the books she had sent you.  As you know she sent you a couple of audio books she recorded herself.  I opened them both up yesterday and heard the very touching messages she left for you in the beginning of the books.  They both brought me to tears.  They were both very heartfelt and so thoughtful.  She stated in both about her love for you and how she could not wait to spend more time with you.  I cried.  I cried because I felt sad that the both of you would never be able to have these precious moments she talked about.  The hanging out, the getting to know you, the loving on you as only an auntie could.  I’m sorry that you will never get to spend time with your Tia and that she will never get to spend time with you. 
Again you Tia is an amazing person and I am so proud of the person she has become.  I am so proud to be her big brother and I miss her so.  I am so glad that she was able to meet you in person and that I have pictures of the two of you together.  I am so glad she is your auntie.  Watching her with you reinforced my thoughts that she would be a fantastic mother.  If you get a chance please visit your Tia and let her know how much you love her.  I’m sure she would love that.  Take care mija, daddy misses you lots.

Always and forever,

Your Loving Daddy


















1 comment:

  1. Ernesto,

    I love all of the pictures. They show how much love little Zayana got from not only her parents, but from all around her. Thank you for sharing them.

    Thanks,
    Steven

    ReplyDelete