Thursday, August 4, 2011

Brave

My Precious Warrior Princess,

Today, Mommy went to get some moles removed. When I was all done, the receptionist jokingly asked me if I wanted an "I Was Brave" sticker. I started to laugh it off, then thought of my baby girl. "Yes," I said, my voice filled with conviction. "Yes, I do!"

You never got a sticker telling you how brave you were. If anyone deserved one, it was you, Munchers. If there was ever a face of bravery, it is yours. You are the toughest, most determined, most courageous person I have ever known. You are the very definition of brave.

Getting my moles removed was not difficult or scary, but I know that I will have times ahead that will make me question my strength. Trying to live without you defnitely falls into that definition. Everytime I feel like I just can't go on, I think of you, baby girl, and remember how brave you were. You give me the strength to keep going.

Oh, and the sticker? I know you don't need one. You wore your bravery like a badge. But, I'm still a Mommy and my little girl deserves a sticker, so my little girl got one! I placed it in your crib next to your favorite things. Thank you for showing Mommy how to be strong.

I love you and miss you with my whole heart,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris,

    I do not have the words today so I will just say that you, Ernesto, and Zayana are always in my thoughts and I wish nothing but that you find the peace and serenity needed to keep going. Please take care of yourselves and never let go of the love you have for one another and Zayana.

    With love and support,
    Steven

    ReplyDelete