Thursday, April 19, 2012

Missing you baby girl

My dearest Munchers,

The marker I have been dreading has finally come. We have come to the one year reminder that you are not here with your mommy and I. I really did not know what to expect. I knew I was going to be sad. I knew I was going to cry. I knew I was going to hold your mommy extra close tonight. I knew I was going to be missing you.

Its hard to believe that a year ago today I had to say goodbye to you. A year ago I held you close and danced the one and only dance I would ever have with you. And I kissed your little forehead for the last time. I miss kissing your little forehead.

I was looking foreward to conquring the world with you. When you died a year ago, that dream shattered along with my heart. Its been hard to continue forward, but daddy has tried his hardest to be like you. To push forward in the face adversity, just like my little Munchers.

Daddy miss you so much. Daddy wish you were still here. Daddy will always love you. Daddy hurts.

I love you Zayana Grace Mendez. I miss you!

Always and forever,

Your loving daddy

1 comment:

  1. Ernesto, My heart aches for both you and Chris. I know how hard that one year marker is. I pray for you guys often and will continue to do so. Thank you for continuing to share your beautiful little girl with us.
    Andrea Sigley

    ReplyDelete